Monday, May 6, 2013

There Is a First Time For Everything


Over the past few years, I have attended the Security Bsides (3x), BlackHat USA (1), Defcon (1), InfoSec Europe (1), and RSA USA (1) conferences. I don't even know how many conferences my husband has attended…but there have been a few to say the least :)

Of all the conferences I have attended, the most enjoyable - for it's diversity, relaxed atmosphere, and openness is Security Bsides. What I love the most about Bsides is the fact that they are not only open to, but encourage new speakers to present. How awesome is that?

I decided this year to take them up on it and have had a talk accepted! While not considered technical, the topic does impact everyone in the IT sector. Here is the information on the presentation:

  • Title: Never Mind Your Diet, Cut the Crap From Your Vocabulary
  • Abstract:
    It is never too inchoate to commence elucidating your obfuscated intelligence. Have you ever really listened to yourself or read what you have written? How many words can be reworded or dropped from a sentence to make your message clearer?

    As a listener and reader, it is hard enough trying to remember the various InfoSec-specific acronyms without surrounding them with various $5 words and extra, fluffy crap.

    In this talk, I will truly show how cheap talk is by not wasting money on wordage.

While I am confident about creating a presentation and have delivered training, I am green when it comes to delivering a presentation at a conference. I am very excited about this talk...hopefully my nerves won't get the best of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment