Tuesday, April 30, 2013

InfoSec Radio Challenge


Over the past few weeks I have started listening to podcasts, reading more blogs, and following more technical people and businesses on Twitter to increase my information security awareness.

While I have enjoyed the various podcasts and find the contributors fun to listen to, when there are more than 3 people multiple things happen; people start speaking over each other, each person wants to voice an opinion, and the podcast gets too long - I ultimately tune out.

While fewer people tend to keep my attention, unfortunately, I have yet to find a podcast that truly delivers what I am looking for. This might sound crazy, but I am looking for a podcast that operates kind of like a talk show - but with limited speakers and is done in 30-45 minutes.

Every podcast pretty much covers the same big news items of the previous week, but does not have anything new to add to what has already been blogged or tweeted. I want some variety - such as guest speakers, something new, or fun, random facts. 
  • Guest speakers could be on to discuss their expertise in a specific field or perhaps provide a different perspective to an event from the previous week.
  • The something new concept can be anything such as a challenge to listeners to create/develop something new (IT related preferably) and then have them share it on an upcoming episode.
  • The facts don't have to be directly related to InfoSec and can be something simple as "On April 30th, 1803, the US doubled in size through the Louisiana Purchase, which was $15 million dollars." 
I guess what I am saying is that I want to truly learn something from a podcast. I want to finish listening to an episode yearning to tune in again. If such a podcast exists, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment